Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ELECTION '08...JUBILATION!!!

Hallelujah!! It was pure joy the watch the election results on CNN last night, and despite my heavy eyelids I relished every moment. My students predicted Obama's landslide victory by voting 22-0 in all four classes, and Bolivians seem as thrilled as anyone at what the new leadership might bring to the world. Hope might be a tough act to follow, but if anyone can follow through on the unprecedentedly high expectations abounding, Obama's IT!

The huge political news seems to eclipse all the small stuff happening in our hectic lives. We've got a laptop virus that killed the voip phone, skype, etc for the last week or so, which is frustrating when all I want to do is call everyone I know to celebrate the 44th President-elect. It's the last week of classes and the kids are nutty; I've got to admit I have a new understanding on why school gets out at 2:20 and teachers get 9+ weeks of vacation annually.

We spent the long weekend relaxing in town and pseudo-celebrating todos santos in lieu of Halloween, which is, I daresay, underrepresented in La Paz. Maybe we'll get it together to retroactively celebrate before Thanksgiving!

At any rate, wishing you all happy fall holidays of all kinds and sending out happy vibes!!

No comments: